Monday, August 11, 2008

Sad Surf Morning....

So living in NSB is awesome, you get up and check the surf report and if it's good, you drive 3 minutes to the beach, unload and you're out there in the waves... If its bad.. you go back to sleep.

Well it's been bad for a little while, the ocean gets really calm when there are storms on the west side. So yesterday we were pumped. Out at 8:30, surfing and loving it. Chill out for a few hours and join up with friends, drink a beer and go for that final swim of the day.

Somebody stole our surfboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been coming to this beach for 3 years and we have never had anything like this happen. We go for a swim, we come back and our board is gone! I couldn't believe it.
I blamed myself because I was the last to make it into the water and just left our things, but what was I supposed to do? I'ts not like I could lock up the surfboard.. I mean even if you put them into roofracks, they still aren't locked in... My poor husband, it was his baby and the stupid thing is these people who stole it aren't even going to use her, they are just going to pawn it!

I hate when the places you feel safe and comfortable get violated. I hope these bastards get caught....

1 comment:

Sweet Bird said...

dude. that's seriously bullshit. he must be crushed.